The Mount Calvary Children’s and Youth Choirs are inclusive and welcoming ensembles for all voices to come together in song. This ministry offers the opportunity for youth to make connections and deepen their faith by making music, having fun, and learning and growing together!
SUNDAY SCHOOL SINGERS
As part of our Sunday School time each week, our youngest members will gather for music time, sharing God’s story through song and movement! No sign up required – just show up for Sunday School!
• Open to children in Grades 2-5
• Rehearsals: Between worship on Sunday mornings from 10-10:40am
• Choristers attending 9am Sunday School can go directly to Cantate when Sunday School is dismissed
• Choristers attending 10:30 Sunday School can go directly to Sunday School when Cantate is dismissed!
• Cantate Choir members learn and grow a variety of skills, including reading choral music, singing in harmony, and body percussion/movement
• The Cantate Choir leads worship approximately 5 times during the year, including the Christmas Program, Good Friday, and Mother’s Day, and participates in special events/projects
• All voices welcome!
• Open to all youth in Grade 6-12
• Rehearsals: Thursday evenings from 7-8pm in the Undercroft
• Bel Canto performs a variety of styles and genres– including Western European choral music, Gospel and spirituals, and music of the African and Latin American diasporas
• Bel Canto Choir leads worship approximately 5 times during the year, including Christmas Eve, a Lenten midweek service, and Mother’s Day, with opportunities to participate in special events/projects