“For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.” 1 Corinthians 12: 12
When we gather for worship, we are all ministers, assembled to pray, sing, praise, celebrate communion and be sent forth in mission. The ministries are many – readers, communion assistants, prayer leaders, musicians, ushers, greeters and more. All of these individual ministries contribute to the health of the one body, all with particular functions which are needed for the whole.
Please consider joining of one or more of the following ministries, taking a new and vital role in the vibrant ministry of Mount Calvary!
- Welcome and assist those attending worship.
- Scheduled approximately 10-12 days per year.
- Continue the oral tradition of reading the scripture during worship.
- Scheduled approximately three to five times per year, depending on worship service.
Prayers of the People Writers
- Bring the voice of our membership into worship each week by writing and sharing the prayers, with assistance from a pastor.
- Scheduled approximately three to four times per year.
- Prepare the communion elements for weekend worship
- Scheduled on Saturdays approximately 8-10 times per year
- Assist pastors in serving communion during worship.
- Scheduled approximately six to eight times per year, depending on worship service.
- Prepare the sanctuary with paraments, linens, candles, flowers, etc.
- Scheduled eight to ten weekends per year.
- Helps with the visual aspects of worship, following the themes and seasons of the church year.
- Creative team meets as needed; decorating is done with each changing liturgical season.
Email Jill Cowan with any questions or to sign up!