We’re Hiring a Director of Senior High Youth Ministry
DIRECTOR OF SENIOR HIGH YOUTH MINISTRY
- Youth Faith Formation
- Full-time Exempt
- Reports to Director of Youth Faith Formation, and
- Indirectly to Program Coordinator
Welcome, teach, train, guide and affirm youth in grades 8-12, embodying and inviting youth into the love of Christ. Connect with grades 4-7 as pathway to inclusion in senior high ministry. Support young adults after high school. Build up the four pillars of Mount Calvary’s identity: Grace, Inclusiveness, Love and Service.
- Organize, facilitate, grow, and lead Youth Ministry program, including The Vine, service projects, retreats, worship, and other ministry areas to:
- promote a deepening awareness of God through spiritual practices.
- build faith relationships between peers, family, congregation, and community.
- invite responses to God’s love in worship, action, and service.
- teach tenets of Lutheran theology.
- Cultivate, train, uphold, and improve current culture and protection practices.
- Recruit, train, organize, support and celebrate youth and adult leaders.
- Counsel and support youth emotionally and spiritually within the ministry team.
- Develop and communicate an annual youth ministry plan in consultation with youth and adult leaders and colleagues.
- Collaborate with youth, adults and staff colleagues on events and programs.
- Communicate youth programs and stories using social media and congregational tools.
- Connect youth to resources, groups, and individuals within Mount Calvary and the community.
- Plan and execute continuing education and personal growth.
- Strong desire to build relationships with and support high school youth, finding ways to improve cascading mentorship across the church.
- Able to articulate one’s Christian faith and publicly support Mount Calvary’s identity through the above pillars. This support should be energetic, approachable, affirming, authentic, and compassionate.
- Able to lead regular evening and weekend events throughout the year, including one or two week-long trips.
- Strong servant leadership skills with experience to discern when to lead and when to let others lead. Preparedness, punctuality, and professionalism.
- Experience training and organizing youth and adult leaders and leading events.
- Open and flexible to change, humility and sense of playfulness.